Long Beach offers AirPods and hotel stays in exchange for first dose of vaccine this week • Long Beach Post News
The city announced Monday that people getting vaccinated at a city-run vaccination site will be eligible for a daily raffle where winners can choose between hotel stay or AirPods. Last week, the city held a daily lottery for the chance to win a Nintendo Switch or a hotel stay.
The hotels participating in this week’s promotion are the Courtyard Long Beach Downtown, Golden Sails Hotel, Hyatt Regency Long Beach, Hyatt Centric Long Beach, Residence Inn in Downtown and Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport.
A city spokesperson said last week that two names would be drawn daily.
Last week’s incentives saw 701 first doses delivered through Friday. The city’s promotion ran until Saturday, but that data was not updated on the city’s website. The previous offer of two free tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific for the first doses resulted in 1,028 first doses administered, according to city data.
The city has vaccinated nearly 63% of residents over 16.
Incentives to increase the vaccination rate have become more common in recent weeks, as agencies across the country have offered everything from free donuts and concerts to prepaid debit cards and tickets to sporting events. Los Angeles County health officials announced last week that they would be running a season ticket lottery for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Opening of a new clinic
The city also announced Monday that it will open an evening immunization clinic on the Pacific Coast campus of Long Beach City College, located at the intersection of the Pacific Coast Highway and Orange Avenue.
The LBCC clinic will be open weekdays from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will have the capacity to administer 300 injections per night. These photos will be available by appointment and for walk-in visits.
Here are the locations of city-run vaccination sites with their hours of operation:
- Long Beach Convention Center 300 E. Ocean Blvd. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Admiral Kidd Park 2125 Santa Fe Ave. Monday 1 to 5 p.m., Thursday 9 to 11 a.m.
- McArthur Park 1321 E. Anaheim St. Tuesday 1 to 5 p.m., Friday 9 to 11 a.m.
- Houghton Park 6301 Myrtle Ave. Wednesday 1 to 5 p.m., Saturday 9 to 11 a.m.
- Cabrillo High School 2001 Santa Fe Ave. Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Grant Elementary School 1225 E. 64th St. Wednesdays and Fridays 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Washington Middle School 1450 Cedar Ave. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.